Run To Stand Still

Run To Stand Still
http://lisaraewinant.blogspot.com/

Am I getting anywhere?

Why do I feel like I’m going a hundred miles an hour? Why are things going every which way but the way they are supposed to? Do I just not understand myself? I feel as though every single day is getting harder and more confusing. Does this happen to everyone? Does it ever stop? Will I ever feel good about the way things are in my life?

I look down the road and see that I can be happy, but I think I am happy now too. I’m just becoming an independent. I am figuring things out on my own. They just seem chaotic as I figure them out. In the end I’m still me no matter how things end up aren’t I? I ran the distance to see that I might go through changes but I will always be me. I have learned so far that becoming a young adult and deciding for you is not easy. We want the best for ourselves and our future but determining what is the best is what life is all about. We won’t get it right to first time, or the second time or maybe even the 10th time, but we learn from them and seek alternate routes when need be. One way or another we will find our place in the world but it won’t be easy. Life will never be easy. It takes you around in all directions, it shows you all different outcomes and sooner or later one of those outcomes is the one for you. You just have to decide when to stop running from them all.

The closer I get to entering into the Real world feels like falling off the edge of the world if there were one and getting nowhere. I’m breathing and panting heavily but here is no air at times. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I hype myself up because I don’t have all the answers, but who does? This life is a running marathon; you know that all this suffering will soon come to an end, but getting there takes all the endurance you have. Use every bit of that endurance and you an dI will finally see the light where it never shined for us before.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Biz Blog

Calling All Bakers: Taste Magazine Is Hosting Its Annual Bake Off

PORTSMOUTH, NH (October 13, 2008) - For the tenth consecutive year, Taste Magazine will sponsor this year’s bake off at Harbor Side Hotel in Portsmouth, NH, November 7-9, 2008. It’s free to be a part of this event. All you have to do is sign up on our website at www.tasteoftheseacoast.com. Tickets are limited along with contestant spots so don’t waste any time.
The bake off will begin at 9AM and end at 4PM; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Judges will be walking to each contestant throughout each day disguised as tasters, so make sure to impress all.
Judges will select the top ten deserts who will win many prizes including: kitchen and bake ware, gift certificates, tickets to local events and much more. You will also be entered into the free vacation getaway. This year’s destination is to Italy!
There are seventy five spots available this year. Each party will be listed in our weekly newsletter for the month of December; just in time for Christmas! So don’t wait because these spots fill up fast.
See you all in a few weeks!

No comments: